Search in Chiccherie

Sunday 4 October 2009

BALMAIN S/S 2010: my catwalk report

Following are my fave outfits from last Balmain s/s 2010 show from Paris:




Let me say that I was between the ones acclaiming Christophe Decarnin as the genious of our times and I have to admit I still like his designs a lot, but, apart from the fact that his clothes are really too expensive (in a quite ridicolous way - I saw a printed t-shirt, a T-SHIRT, in a shop, nothing embroidered or studded, and it was sold at about 800 euros!!! Craziness!), I'm getting a little bit tired to see the same kind of things. I know that it is his signature style but, u're such a great designer, c'mon, create something new!
Anyways, this s/s is always about strong shoulders, very skinny pants and mid-calf boots. In such dark colours for a s/s collection tough. The main difference to my opinion is that he had trasformed his rock chic girl to a ready-to-go-to-war military one, all dressed in sequined camouflage, holes and destroyed pants.
Sure it will be a great success again, not very inspiring tough.
Oh, his models are always the best ones around.

No comments:

Post a Comment