Search in Chiccherie

Wednesday 6 May 2009

ALBER ELBAZ QUOTES AND FASHION ADVICE

Everyone knows he is the creative director of Lanvin and he also seems to be the only person in the fashion business who knows how to handle the worldwide econimic crisis.
Buying a Lanvin piece is like acquiring a heirloom; even the label is recognisable, it has the vantaggio of never going out of style. Alber knows what women want from clothes: elegance, comfort and that they make you feel amazing. What else could we ask for to a dress?
Here are some of his honest and precious fashion advice (from Grazia UK).
ON CREDIT CRUNCH DRESSING:
"When people worring they should be wearing only jeans and a top from Zara in these difficult times, I say "non-sense". After a rose, and maybe chocolate, a pink dress is the only thing guarantee to make us happy".
ON DRESSING FOR YOURSELF:
"I know some women who dress to upset other women or to kiss a man. I think a woman looks best when she dresses for herself".
ON MIXING THINGS UP:
"I don't like accessories that match.Life is one big accident; I like it when style reflects that".
ON THE POWER OF A LANVIN DRESS:
"I have a friend who says that everytime she wears a Lanvin dress, a man falls in love with her. I say that next time I'd like her to fall in love: she needs to be more in control".
ON HIS DESIGN PHILOSOPHY:
"I look at French fashion like a chef might look at food: taking cream out and replacing with olive oil to make it lighter. So I take the corseting and stiffness out to make the clothes comfortable. To me, comfort is everything".

No comments:

Post a Comment