Search in Chiccherie

Tuesday 5 May 2009

2009 COSTUME INSTITUTE GALA - THE MODELS

The story so far...
When I saw the first pictures of celebrities attending the Costume Institute Gala at the Met I was very disappointed as my first impression was a big delusion! But then, as soon as I found out what models wore at the event... wow, I was astonished! In respect to my tastes, it seems that my favourite models got the best looks ever! Anja and Daria wore Balmain (before seeing their pictures I was like... "nobody is wearing Balmain, why"? It would have been my first choice if I had the occasion), Gisele was in a glamorous electric blue Atelier Versace mini-dress, Amber Valletta in a sensous very yellow vintage James Galanos, Edita Vilkeviciute in Chanel, Lily Donaldson in Narciso Rodriguez.
Kate Moss in Marc Jacobs was nothing special to me, not that I was expecting too much from the couple. I must say that when I learnt she would have been dressed by him, I already knew I was not going to like it that much.
Helena Christensen was a total fuss: she was dressed by Zac Posen and the mini dress seemed to be made more for a cartoon character than for a beautiful model who used to be on the top like her!
Apart from this BIG mistake, let's say that, generally speaking, most of the models were really well dressed (it depends on your personal fashion taste if you prefer Shalom Harlow rather than Natalia Vodianova); the ones who really miss the point here are the actresses! OMG! There are just a few who will get my hands up for them and I will post them tomorrow so stay tuned. Thank you all!

Erin Wasson in Phi

Lily Donaldson with Narciso Rodriguez wearing his design

Edita Vilkeviciute in Chanel Haute Couture

Daria Werbowy in Balmain

Claudia Schiffer in Atelier Versace

Amber Valletta in vintage James Galanos

Gisele in Atelier Versace (she was supposed to wear John Galliano's but at the very last minute changed her mind!?!?!)

Anja Rubik in Balmain

Here we got: Kristen McMenamy in Givenchy couture, Amber Valletta in vintage James Galanos, Shalow Harlow and Stella Tennant in vintage Helmut Lang, Natalia Vodianova in vintage Fortuny, Nadia Auermann in Lanvin and Eva Herzigova in vintage Dolce and Gabbana.


Here is Kate Moss with Marc Jacobs wearing his design (I thought I should post the picture of her back as the dress gets some good points if seen from there)


Milla in Marni (how could she??? too casual!)

Shalom Harlow in vintage Helmut Lang: soo chic!

Sasha Pivovarova in Giambattista Valli with the designer

Karen Elson in Chanel Haute Couture

Cindy Crawford with Donatella and her daughter in a Versace design

Magdalena Frackoviak wearing Thakoon with him

Lara Stone with Alexander Wang wearing his design

Karolina Kurkova in Richard Chai

The orrrrrible dress of Helena Christensen (Zac Posen's)

Heidi Klum in a J. Medel's gown

Agyness and Twiggy both in Burberry

Doutzen in Phillip Lim

Coco Rochas in Isaac Mizrahi

Jessica Stam in Rodarte

Hana Soukupova

Chanel Iman in Zac Posen (phiuu!)

Catherine McNeil in Roland Mouret with the deisgner

Carmen Kass in Michael Kors

Liya Kebede in Derek Lam

Miranda Kerr in Jil Sander and Bar Raphaeli in Marchesa

Isabeli Fontana in Calvin Klein (I can't decide which is more awful, the dress or the shoes)

Caroline Trentini in John Galliano with Victor Demarchelier
All images are courtesy of fashionologie.com

1 comment:

  1. sorry but you made a mistake when you wrote that shalom harlow was wearing vintage helmut lang . she was in vintage bob mackie that she bought at a vintage store in new york by the name of THE NEW WORLD ORDER. the best vintage store in NYC hands down.

    ReplyDelete